Friday, May 8, 2009

Getting it off my chest

“Ignorance is, as always, bliss.”

Some people are used to watching the news before they go to bed. Well, I never liked knowing any news at all. I don’t want to spend some time listening to a monotonic voice talking about some issue, problem, crisis etc. in another place I don’t even know. The sound of the television or the radio, it annoys me. But what really irritates me is when I can hear the voice clearly. When I hear of calamities, murders, deaths etc. it makes my day more miserable than it was. Even though I don’t know the person involve I feel sorry for them and their relatives. I guess that it is true that I am really a soft-hearted person.

For this reason I would like to stay uninformed. Just like all the people who know me, they are uninformed about my situation, what I am feeling on the inside. They see me as a cheerful, strong and cool man who can always serve as an inspiration. I never exactly hated to fill that part but someday they need to know. They will discover the true me, a man without the smiling façade. I don’t know what will happen when they know that I am totally different from what they are used to. Maybe they’ll get mad at me because I always kept to myself but they will never understand.

I am not a strong and calm person. I am weak and tired of this life. I even cry myself to sleep. But I don’t want to be weak anymore. I want to be strong just like anybody else.
-Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment