Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Birthday Dream

I had a rather unique but normal dream last night. I was at home celebrating my birthday. The guests were my relatives and family friends. After some time some of my friends arrives. It is kind of weird since I don’t know the names of some of them. I told them to sit in the garage chairs because the living room and dining room was already filled with visitors. I then served them with food that I got from the dining table. Soon after that, I began to realize that the food is lacking because more and more of my friends are arriving. It came to a point when there is only one whole chicken and turkey to serve. I only serve the chicken because there was I think that told me that it should not be served for the guest. After that, I noticed my sister standing in front of my friends. She is standing in front of my friends. She started saying the names of my friends and one by one the person whose name is called stood up or raised his or her hand. It came to me as a surprise since my sister knows their names. I ironically being their friend don’t know the names of most of my guests. I believe I met them somewhere but I cannot remember. After which I whispered in my sister’s ear. I whispered the names of those whom I know. I woke up after that.

I decided to write this dream down since in the past, most of my dreams are always beyond reality. It is always full of fantasy, sci-fi, horror and out of this world adventure. What I think this dream is telling me is that I should celebrate my birthday with my friends. For the past five years, I never enjoyed and celebrated my birthday. Furthermore, it is true that I know a lot of people when I was in college but I cannot remember their names anymore. I still remember their faces but not their names. I really should pay attention when people introduce themselves to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment