Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Problem Receiver

“You can act like a man! [slap] What's the matter with you?, [slap] What's the matter with you? Is this what you've become, a Hollywood finocchio who cries like a woman? "Oh, what do I do? What do I do?" What is that nonsense? Ridiculous!”- Don Corleone (The Godfather)

I came across a question of whether or not one has always been there for his or her friends. In my case I’ll definitely say yes to that question. I believe that I’ve always been there for all of my friends. If they wanted me to do something, I did it. I’ve always been nice to them, took care of them when they are unwell and supported in every decision they made. I constantly listen to all their troubles and failures in life.

However, I thought to myself that even though that sounds nice, I am the one being hurt and forced down. I can’t stand it anymore. From now on, I will try my best to stop being the emotional garbage truck. I believe that when my friends see me they saw someone who can divulge all their feelings with. Though they may feel good about themselves after that, I am the one who end up bearing all their problems especially since I am a highly emotional and moody person.

I have to stand up for myself from now on. It’s good that my friends can reveal to me all their mishaps and problems but we shouldn’t focus all our conversations on it. Furthermore, I agree with the advice that Don Corleone gave to Johnny Fontane (above quotation). If one of my friends called me again at midnight to ask me why her girlfriend isn’t answering his calls? I say he should be a man and stop crying all over it. I should tell them to stop thinking too much about that little situation. Also, all that weeping will not solve anything.

- Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment